Are you desperately wanting to get away for 2022? I think so many of us are. The big issue is Covid-19 at the moment, which means plans can change with little notice. I’ve done a lot of research and compiled a list of the most stable countries to travel to during covid in 2022. It may change at any given time, so please research beforehand.
Stable Countries for Covid:
- Czechia. Currently Czechia is open to everyone who is vaccinated, which means that you don’t need to isolate or take a PCR test. If you’re not vaccinated, you can only travel for essential reasons. Last year, during 2020, Czechia was open to tourists as well, so there is a strong chance that they will continue to keep their borders open.
- Portugal. Portugal has been mostly open for tourists through out 2020 and 2021, with some exceptions and requirments of course. Currently, you can enter Portugal if you’re vaccinated and have taken a recent covid test (PCR or antigen). You also need to fill in a locator form before entering.
- Greece. Similar to Portugal, Greece has been open for tourism quite a lot throughout 2020 and 2021, therefore, it’s highly likely that it will stay open for most of 2022. You can enter with a recent test, vaccination or recent proof of recovery. You will also need to fill in a form.
- Croatia is another stable country to visit in 2022. It has been open for tourism for 2021 and heavily relies on it, so therefore is seeming stable to visit in 2022. You need proof of vaccination, not older than 365 days or a recent negative test to enter.
- England/ The UK. Scotland, Wales and N.Ireland sometimes have diffrent travel restrictions to England, but often times they all follow the same sort of pattern when it comes to the restrictions. However, I will focus on England for the majority of this section. England seems to be stable for 2022 as almost everything here is back to normal. The Government is saying there wont be another lockdown (but take what they say with a *huge* pinch of salt), so it is likely that inbound tourists will be able to visit throughout 2022.
Outside of Europe:
- USA. The USA has recently re-opened its borders to tourism for the first time in a while. You will be allowed to enter if you’ve been vaccinated and take a test before the flight. If you’re not vaccinated then you need to isolate for 7 days on arrival, take a test within 3 to 5 days of arrival and become fully vaccinated if staying 60 days or longer. The USA seems like it will be stable for 2022 as they’re almost back to ‘normality’ and wouldn’t open their borders after so long, just to close them again – unless for an emergency varient.
I recommend the GOV.UK website for travel information, such as entry requirements.
Are you planning on visiting any of these countries in 2022? Where is somewhere you hope opens up soon?